Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Things Kids Say....

So I decided to paint Sheridan's room and do some special decorating for her birthday. So on Monday my mother in law came over to help (very thankful for that!) and it was pretty much done that day, except for a little touch up work. I don't know who invented textured walls or why, but I had to go back when it dried to catch the white spots where the paint did not go all the way through. So Monday evening I was doing that and Tommy and Sheridan were helping to keep Miles occupied downstairs away from the paint. Miles had a poopy diaper but had refused for me to change it earlier. Sheridan takes it upon herself to change it (amazing!) and tries to get Tommy to help. Here is how the conversation went:

Sheridan: Tommy help me change Miles' diaper.
Tommy: No
Sheridan: Tommy, help me! What are you going to do when you are a parent?
Tommy: My wife will do it.
Sheridan: What if you are alone?
Tommy: Well, if I am alone then I would never have had a baby in the first place.
Sheridan: No, I mean alone for the day with the baby.
Tommy: I will have the maid change it.
Sheridan: What if you don't have a maid?
Tommy: (silence)

Well, I was upstairs and I just listened and laughed. The diaper got changed and I think Sheridan did it all by herself. I was very proud of the way she handled it and the conversation was hilarious. I was not surprised at all that Tommy was not willing to help. I will have to warn his future wife that he will get no help in the diaper changing area!

No comments:

Post a Comment