Saturday, July 24, 2010

Who needs soap anyway?

So, Tommy is 11 and getting him to shower is hard to say the least. We moved into the new house about 3 weeks ago and he has his own bathroom upstairs. I am sad to say it and a little embarrassed but if I can get him to take a shower once a week then I am happy. Well, last Sunday I made Tommy take a shower of course. Well, we are sitting in sacrament meeting at church and Tommy is next to me. He kind of leans over to me with his head right by my face. His hair does not smell so fresh, not like someone that has washed it about an hour ago. I asked him a few questions and this is how our conversation went:

Me: Tommy, I thought you took a shower today.
Tommy: I did.
Me: Your hair does nor smell like you washed it.
Tommy: I did, but I don't have any Shampoo.
Me: Why did you not tell me?
Tommy: I have not had any in my bathroom since we moved in.
Me: So you have not washed your hair all these times you have showered?
Tommy: (no response, but give me a glare )

So Besides for some swimming and wetting himself in the shower I have no idea the last time he actually used soap or shampoo. So I am happy to report that Tommy in now the proud owner on "Suave for Men....3 in 1 (Shampoo, conditioner and body wash in one)" I guess this does not guarantee that he will use it, but if I threaten to wash him myself if he doesn't them I bet he will!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...that's a good idea. I have the same problem with Dave...lol

    ReplyDelete