Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bedtime Stories

So, tonight I was reading to Rita, or I should say with Rita and she was cracking me up!  We have this Big Alphabet Book.  It has all the letters and one to three examples of the letter. For example A Apple, B Ball, Balloon and so forth.  So I am reading them to Rita and she says, "I can do it!" So I let her try.  She gets some of them right but at times she hesitates and looks at me.  I take that as a cue to help her so I say the letter or the word.  She then elbows me and says, "I can do it!".  OK, enough said. So I let her proceed.  But them the process repeats herself.  She gives me the mommy help me look so I oblige. But then it is followed by an elbow to the side, a smile and an "I can do it!."  So over and over and over we go.  I try to whisper it softer thinking that would be better but the elbow still comes.  Luckily she is little and I am tough.  It was pretty cute and some good mother daughter time!

No comments:

Post a Comment