Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Working at the Carwash

So it is around 8:00PM and the girls wanted to play outside. Miles of course was following along looking like a "white trash" baby in a dirty shirt and pacifier in his mouth with a chocolate pudding ring around his mouth. The girls and Miles are out there when the neighbor Steven comes out with his 2 dogs Bear and Crash. The kids love playing with them and the dogs love it too. Steven decides he is going to wash his car and invites Sheridan and Rita to help him. They jump at the idea. I was waiting for them to ask how much he would pay them. Luckily they did not ask and apparently it is just me and Grammy that they expect to pay them! Weird huh? Anyway, they "wash" the car. By wash I mean get extremely wet, wipe it with a rag a little, stand on the top of the Tahoe and spray water EVERYWHERE!!! I think that was what Rita really wanted to do all along. Steven was soaking wet! Miles was toddling around getting wet, but still dirty as can be! Then Rita....my lovely Rita says, "Can I pee in the grass?" No Rita! "Can I pee in the street?" No Rita. "Can I pee in the bucket?" NO RITA! You get the point. On and on and on. I had the excuse her for her poor social skills and proceed to blame it on my mother! (Sorry Mom!) But Mom, you are the one that tells them to pee in the grass when they are swimming instead of going in the house! I can think of no other explanation! So Steven was soaking wet, Rita almost peed (sp?) in various parts of his lawn but the car was washed and Steven did not seem to mind (he is a very kind man). BUT....I am not sure if he will be asking for any more help washing his car again!

1 comment: