Monday, December 7, 2009

Beware of the rumbly in my tumbly

So I did not feel good yesterday and decided to stay home from church. Just did not feel up trying to control 4 kids at church when not 100%. So one of my friends from church made vegetable soup and home made wheat bread. She brought it over when the bread was just out of the oven and smelled wonderful. So I decided to have a slice. It was really good, so one slice turned into half a loaf! No worries because I eat lots of fiber one bars right? Wrong! Just because this is the real stuff, fresh ground wheat. The TRUE whole wheat. Everything seemed fine until I work up. My stomach was just not right. So I decided to skip breakfast. I figured I ate half a loaf of bread I shouldn't be hungry right. All day my stomach just did not feel right. I ate a salad for lunch and things seemed to be OK. Well the day progressed and the cramping began. I swear I felt like I was having contractions again and in labor. (This is where there may be too much information!!!!) So I then have to go to the bathroom, but the WATER IS OFF AT WORK! Not good. I can wait right? They said it would only be an hour or 2. Three hours later......still no water. Well I can't hold it anymore and figure there is at least one good flush so I go to the bathroom. (Note to self.....do not eat half a loaf of REAL wheat bread!) Well, I then go to flush and it seems someone has taken advantage of the one good flush! UGH! Luckily it is the end of the day and most everyone in the dept is gone. So I put a sign on the door "out of order" so someone else does not go in there to flush it. Surely the water will be on before I leave, it has been over 3 hours. I wait as long as I can but there is still a grumbly in my tumbly so I decide I need to go somewhere there is working indoor plumbing. That means leaving the toilet unflushed!!! GROSS! I add to the sign "Do not enter." I figure I will go in the morning and tackle the beast of a toilet with my Lysol. I sure hope no one else goes in there first! Lesson learned......Whole Wheat bread is good, just not a half a loaf at a time!

3 comments:

  1. That was a terrible time at work! How could they do that to us - no water for such a long time! Argh. I'm also glad that you got to work before me today!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for the poor housekeeper that actually crossed the Do Not Enter sign and tackled the monster! I can with Lysol can in hand but was pleasantly surprised and quite embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is freakin hilarious. I loved it. So St. Kitts-Nevis isn't the only place that has "no water" times? lol I think I favorite part is that you wrote a note...that is hilarious, Jacqui!

    ReplyDelete