Sunday, December 13, 2009

An eventful weekend

Tommy's cub scout pack was in the San Benito, TX Christmas parade. The boys dressed up as the nativity scene. Tommy was a shepherd. Sheridan had to get in on the excitement too and was also a shepherd. There were probably girl shepherds right? So Rita, Miles and I went to downtown San Benito and watched the parade. It was quite an adventure to say the least. I survived, but it was definitely weird doing it myself. I thought the cub scout parents would be together but most of the ones that went walked along with the kids in the parade. The kids had fun so it was a success. Luckily it was not too cold. Sheridan's hands did get cold because she was waving the whole time. Imagine that Sheridan sitting on a float, everyone looking at her and waving! She was in heaven!!! Next time we will have to make sure she has gloves.

The excitement continued on Sunday when Rita was standing on the ottoman and fell hitting her mouth on the coffee table. There was blood, crying, more blood and crying. She would not let me look at her mouth to see how bad it was. We put some ice on it and she fell asleep. After she woke up I was able to look at it and it looked pretty bad. The gum is all black, but luckily the tooth is not loose. I hope the tooth does not turn black. I am debating if I should take her to the dentist. There would probably not be anything they can do. She does have a lot of swelling. She looks like one of the who's from Whoville. The ones from the new Jim Carey version. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow before her dance recital. If not it will make for a cute picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment