Sunday, December 20, 2009

Headline... "3 Year Old Arrested for Shoplifting!"

So last week was a crazy week. Every night there was something going on. The week started off with Rita's dance recital. It was for her ballet class and it was pretty low key, but very cute! So of course when we were done the kids wanted a treat, but Tommy and Sheridan "reminded me" (that is code for told me for the first time) that they needed something for Tuesday. So I decide to run by Target to get what the kids need and pick up some ice cream for the kids as their treat. Rita is in her ballet outfit and looking very cute. She is however not cooperating with staying close to me. I let the kids pick out what ice cream they want and of course Rita picks something with Dora the Explorer. We proceed to the check out and Rita start asking for apple juice from the snack bar. I told her no and of course she kept asking. I am paying and getting the bags. Then I look up and Rita has proceeded to go to the snack bar. I start over there and a "nice man" opens up the refrigerator, Rita reaches in and gets an apple juice. I giver her "the look" as I head over to her, but she proceed to run out of the store apple juice and all straight for the parking lot! I run as quickly as I can yelling at her to stop, not drawing any attention to myself whatsoever, and head outside. I pick her up, carry her inside, put the apple juice( where the nice man apologizes for opening the refrigerator) all while she is crying," I want me apple juice!" I explain to her that you can not take things without paying and of course she wants me to pay for her apple juice. She has forgotten that I just bought her Dora the Explorer Popsicles! So a nice evening turns into stealing and yelling! Fitting for a Monday Family Home Evening huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment